What You Are Agreeing To
The Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) below govern what kind of information should be submitted and how that information will be used on the Wasco Innovation Lab Platform (“Platform”) that is hosted on Wasco’s website. In order to use the Platform, you must acknowledge and accept that the present Terms govern any access and use of this Platform; the submission of any content, ideas, concepts, comments, suggestions or any other information in any area of expertise indicated (referred to as the “Proposal”) on this Platform constitutes your acceptance of these Terms. Throughout this Platform, the terms "we", "us", "our", “they”, "Wasco" and "Wasco Group" refer to Wasco Energy Ltd and any of its affiliated companies, subsidiaries and parent company as appropriate to the context. “You” and “your” refer to any person accessing and/or using this Platform.
To avoid any misinterpretations, you understand and acknowledge that Wasco may have present or future initiatives or opportunities, including with third parties, involving products or technologies that are substantially similar to, or that may compete with, one or more Proposal submitted by you. You agree that nothing in these Terms will be construed as a representation, warranty, covenant or inference that Wasco will not itself develop, manufacture or market, or enter into business relationships with one or more third parties to develop, manufacture or market, products or technologies that are substantially similar to, or that may compete with, any Proposal provided by you.
You understand and agree that the submission of your Proposal to Wasco is entirely voluntary, non-confidential, gratuitous, non-committal and does not guarantee you that we will enter into a business relationship with you, unless and until Wasco enters into a written contract with you, and then only as expressed in that contract.You agree to release Wasco and its affiliates, subsidiaries and parent company, directors, officers, agents and employees from all liabilities including, but not limited to liability arising out of administering the Platform and use of the contents of your Proposal. If you do not want to grant to Wasco these rights, then you should not submit any Proposal to Wasco.
Information not confidential
You agree that any Proposal you transmit, upload or post to this Platform does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate Wasco to treat your Proposal as secret or confidential. Should your Proposal be the subject of a pending or issued patent or registered copyrights, you commit to disclose that fact to Wasco.
You agree that Wasco will need to disseminate your Proposal to different parts of our organisation to evaluate whether we can work together to develop the Proposal. Wasco is not liable for the consequences of disclosure of such Proposal and accordingly, you should not submit to us any confidential information when first submitting a Proposal through the Platform. If, following our initial evaluation, we decide we would like to discuss your Proposal with you in more detail, we will enter into a confidentiality agreement in respect of future disclosures. However, Wasco has no obligation to take your Proposal forward or to provide you with detailed feedback in the event of deciding not to. Please note that no materials (for example photos, drawings, sketches, plans, etc.) included in or attached to your Proposal will be returned to you. This Platform is not and shall not function as an archive. We have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage, deletion or destruction to your Proposal.We recommend that you seek independent legal advice if you have any concerns about confidentiality or intellectual property rights prior to submitting your Proposal through the Platform.
Data ProtectionYou agree that we may process your personal data for the purpose of assessing your submission and contacting you. The collection and storage of personal information for the purposes of the Wasco Innovation Lab will be conducted in accordance with the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
General Rules of Conduct on the Platform
Any information you provide on the Platform is subject to the following:
- You agree that all contents posted by you will be accurate and will not: (i) infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, or (ii) violate any laws.
- You are solely responsible for the content that you publish or upload to the Platform, and for the transfer of technologies or information with which you are involved. Wasco expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility thereto.
When using our Platform, you agree:
- to not submit to us false, misleading, malicious or fraudulent information.
- to not infringe the rights and image of Wasco, such as its intellectual property rights.
- to not transfer data that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any computer file or program that could interrupt, destroy or limit the functioning of any computer or network linked directly or indirectly to the Platform.
- to not use any device or software or routine that could interfere with the proper working of the Platform or which is intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- to not take any action (such as, spamming) that imposes an unreasonable load on our Platform.
- to not violate the principle of confidentiality or infringe any intellectual property rights or other third parties’ rights.
- to, more generally, not to act in a way that violates the law or breaches these Terms.
In submitting your Proposal, you represent and warrant that:
- Your Proposal represents your own original work, you have the right to disclose the Proposal to us, that the disclosure does not breach any contract or obligation between you and a third party and that the possession, review or use of the Proposal by us does not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights and you shall indemnify us against any resulting losses if this is not the case.
- Your Proposal is not covered by any confidentiality agreement you would be bound to with a third party, or any other contractual obligation preventing you to submit your Proposal to Wasco.